School of Business & Information Technology (BIT)
The Business Administration program provides opportunities for the business leaders of tomorrow to achieve a high-quality, high-value education that enables them to succeed in a competitive market. Students participate in hands-on experiences, community projects and conduct real-world research.
In the Project Management Concentration students will focus on studying contract management, scheduling, estimating, critical path scheduling, and project oversight in order to be successful Project Managers of tomorrow.
Students use technology and business concepts such as accounting, business law, entrepreneurship, management, marketing and professionalism, to work in teams, solve business problems and make decisions. A number of the Business Administration courses are offered online.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is an: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- This educational option can be completed: Part-Time or Full-Time
- This educational option is designed for: Immediate employment and transfer into a baccalaureate program
- This educational option can be started: Any Term
- Primary course location: Main, Montoya, Westside, Rio Rancho, and online
- Special Requirements: Students must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete coursework.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
Many of the courses in this degree are transferable and some may be applied to four-year degree programs. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.
- Note: Students who plan to transfer to a four-year business program are encouraged to meet with an advisor, program chair or associate dean during their first term.
The Business Administration AAS Degree can lead to employment in both the public and private sectors. Business graduates are commonly needed in advertising, marketing, entrepreneurship, human resources, sales, real estate, retail, manufacturing, small business management and supervision.
Sample job titles include: administrative support, manager, team leader, entrepreneur, project manager, supervisor.
Ten Year Rule for CTE Courses
Career and technical education courses in this program will qualify for credit for a period of ten academic years. Due to changing technologies, trends, and professional demands, courses completed ten or more years in the past will satisfy program requirements only if they are approved by the instructional school in which they were offered. Cohorted programs may have additional restrictions.