2018 - 2020 CNM Catalog, Volume 50 [The CNM Academic Year includes Fall, Spring, Summer Terms]
Business Administration, Certificate of Completion
School of Business & Information Technology (BIT)
For the Business Analytics Certificate, students will complete coursework in business analytics that includes general theory, best practices, data mining, data warehousing, predictive modeling, project, statistical analysis and software packages. Students also build related skills in business communication, critical thinking, and decision making.
Since this certificate is a subset of the core BA Business Analytics AAS degree courses, it will enable CNM students who have completed the BA AAS degree in a different concentration to complete the remaining technical courses in this area and earn this certificate. Additionally, this certificate is ideal for students coming to CNM with AA/AAS/BS degrees who wish to do the core technical course work for this area.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is a: Certificate of Completion
- This educational option can be completed: Part-Time or Full-Time
- This educational option is designed for: Students who have completed an associates or bachelor’s degree and wish to complete coursework to enter into the Business Analytics profession. .
- This educational option can be started: Any term
- Primary Course Location: Main, Montoya, Westside, and Rio Rancho Campuses, and online
- Special Requirements: Students must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete coursework.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
Many of the courses in this program are transferable and some may be applied to four-year degree programs at other institutions. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.
* Note: Students who plan to transfer to a four-year business program are encouraged to meet with the BIT advisor, program chair or associate dean during their first term.
The Business Administration Certificate of Completion can lead to employment in both the public and private sectors. Business graduates are commonly needed in advertising, marketing, entrepreneurship, human resources, sales, real estate, retail, manufacturing, small business management and supervision.
Sample job titles include: Business Analytics Associate, Associate Business Analyst, Associate Analyst, Network Analyst, Data Analyst
Gainful Employment information is available from Job Connection Services.