Jul 21, 2018
School of Applied Technologies (AT)
School of Communication, Humanities & Social Sciences (CHSS)
Architecture is the art and science of designing and constructing the built environment. The Pre-Architecture degree is designed to introduce students to architectural design, history and practice. Prepares students for transfer to a pre-professional architecture degree.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is an Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- This educational option can be completed: 4 Terms
- This educational option is designed for: This degree is designed for students who wish to transfer directly to a Bachelor’s of Architecture program.
- This educational option can be started: Fall term only
- Primary course location: CNM Advanced Technology Center
- Students may be required to purchase materials for architecture studio courses.
- This cost is approximately $900 over the course of the program.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
- This program is pending Financial Aid approval.
Many of the courses in this program are transferable and most can be applied to four-year degree programs at other institutions. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.
This program listed below is designed to meet the requirements for an Associate of Applied Science in Pre-Architecture from CNM and prepare a student to obtain a Bachelor of Architecture at University of New Mexico (UNM).
Students interested in transferring to UNM should consult the UNM School of Architecture. Students from CNM seeking a baccalaureate degree may also transfer to other institutions. Students should always refer to the catalog of their intended transfer institution for specific admission and curricular requirements. Students should also consult an Academic Coach with CNM Connect Services.
Associate of Applied Science in Pre-Architecture, 62 credits
* Recommended: ANTH 1101 , ANTH 1110 , ANTH 1120 , ANTH 1130 , CST 1150 , ENG 2262 , ENG 2263 , NATV 1150 , PSCI 1110 , PSY 1105 , SOC 1101 , SOC 2216