2018 - 2020 CNM Catalog, Volume 50
Business Administration (AAS), Business Analytics Concentration
School of Business & Information Technology (BIT)
Students in the Business Analytics concentration complete coursework in business analytics that includes general theory, best practices, data mining, data warehousing, predictive modeling, project, statistical analysis and software packages. Students also build related skills in business communication, critical thinking, and decision making. Students following a traditional, full-time academic schedule can expect to complete the degree program in two years.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is an: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- This educational option can be completed: Part-Time or Full-Time
- This educational option is designed for: Immediate employment and transfer into a baccalaureate program
- This educational option can be started: Any Term
- Primary course location: Main, Montoya, Westside, Rio Rancho, and online
- Special Requirements: Students must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete coursework.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
Many of the courses in this degree are transferable and some may be applied to four-year degree programs. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.
- Note: Students who plan to transfer to a four-year business program are encouraged to meet with the BIT advisor, program chair or associate dean during their first term.
The Business Administration AAS Degree can lead to employment in both the public and private sectors. Business graduates are commonly needed in advertising, marketing, entrepreneurship, human resources, sales, real estate, retail, manufacturing, small business management and supervision.
Sample job titles include: administrative support, manager, team leader, entrepreneur, project manager, supervisor.