Sep 22, 2018
School of Health, Wellness & Public Safety (HWPS)
To provide theory and practical skill development in the career field as a nail technician.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is an: Certificate of Completion
- This educational option can be completed: Completed in 2 terms – 18 weeks of nail technology
- This educational option is designed for: A certificate in nail technology and licensed nail technician upon passing state board examination and receiving licensure from New Mexico Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists.
- This educational option can be started: The nail technology program accepts new students every Fall term and Spring term.
- Primary course location: One more Summer at South Valley Campus and Upon Fall of 2018 nail technology will be at the Joseph Montoya Campus in J building.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
- This program is pending Financial Aid approval.
Completed High School diploma or equivalent.
Contact Patrick Gomez, student advisor for any information pertaining to this at 505-224-4000 ext. 51659. Consult the Criminal Offender’s Employment Act.
Textbooks and Nail Technician Kit are available for purchase through the CNM bookstore.
Upon graduation the student will receive a certificate in nail technology, with an option to continue working towards a cosmetology license and receive an associates degree in applied science.
The student may contact New Mexico Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists for the opportunities available to a nail technician. Consult the New Mexico Labor Board.
What are the prospects for employment for this educational option?
Nail technicians may work in the industry as a manicurist, nail technician on a cruise ship, employment with a product manufacturer as an educator, or own/operate a salon.
Certificate of Completion in Nail Technician 17 Credit Hours