School of Math, Science & Engineering (MSE)
The Pre-Health Sciences major is an Associate of Arts Degree program that prepares students to apply for health-related programs at CNM, as well as to transfer to UNM or other four-year degree programs in numerous health-related fields. It fulfills the general education core courses for 4-year degrees required by the state of New Mexico and the University of New Mexico core curriculum.
This program is designed to prepare students to transfer to a 4-year degree program in Emergency Medical Services.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option can be completed: Part-time or full-time
- This program can be started: Any term
- Primary course location: Main Campus
- Additional requirements that apply to this educational option:
- A felony conviction will not prevent entry into the program or employment; however, it may limit available employment opportunities.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
- Individual courses associated with this program may require students to purchase additional materials.
An associate degree is an important milestone for students pursuing either a baccalaureate degree or graduate degree. Core requirements for the baccalaureate are met through completion of the CNM Associate of Science degree.
This particular concentration prepares students for transfer into a 4-year Emergency Medical services degree program. Students from CNM should always refer to the catalog of their intended transfer institution for admission, program, course, and graduation requirements. College catalogs are generally available online. Students should also consult an Academic Advisor to plan for transfer.
Many of the courses in this program are transferable and some may be applied to four-year degree programs at other institutions. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.
Employment of emergency medical technicians and paramedics is projected to grow 23 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Gainful Employment information is available from Job Connection Services.