School of Business & Information Technology (BIT)
The Business Administration Certificate of Completion provides entry-level skills for students considering business careers. Students participate in hands-on experiences, community projects and conduct real-world research.
Students use technology and business concepts such as accounting, business law, entrepreneurship, management, marketing and professionalism, to work in teams, solve business problems and make decisions.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is a: Certificate of Completion
- This educational option can be completed: Part-Time or Full-Time
- This educational option can be started: Any term
- Primary Course Location: Main, Montoya, Westside, and Rio Rancho Campuses, and online
- Special Requirements: Students must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete coursework.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
Career and Educational Opportunities
The Business Administration certificate courses may be applied to an Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Administration.
Many of the courses in this program are transferable and some may be applied to four-year degree programs at other institutions. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.
* Note: Students who plan to transfer to a four-year business program are encouraged to meet with the program chair or associate dean during their first term.
Career opportunities with a Certificate of Completion in business administration are available in both the public and private sectors, including but not limited to: advertising, marketing, entrepreneurship, human resources, sales, real estate, retail, small business management and supervision.
- Employment opportunities are available in industries that require management, supervision, administrative support, and entrepreneurship.
- Job titles may include: Administrative support, manager, team leader, entrepreneur, project manager, supervisor.
- Job descriptions/duties may include: Management, supervision, oversight, entrepreneurship.