School of Business & Information Technology (BIT)
The Retail Management Certificate of Completion provides opportunities for retail associates to achieve a high-quality education that will enable them to work their way into retail management.
The curriculum includes retail management fundamentals, business professionalism, human resources management and marketing. Skills related to the application of these concepts are developed through the study of computer applications, communication, team building and decision making.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is a: Certificate of Completion
- This educational option can be completed: Part-time or full-time
- This educational option is designed for: Immediate employment or transfer preparation
- This educational option can be started: Any term
- Primary course location: Main, Montoya, Westside and Rio Rancho Campuses, and online
- Students must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete coursework.
The Retail Management certificate courses may be applied to an Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Administration.
Many of the courses in this program are transferable and some may be applied to four-year degree programs at other institutions. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.
Note: Students who plan to transfer to a four-year business program are encouraged to meet with the program chair or associate dean during their first term.
Career opportunities with a Retail Management Certificate of Completion are available in both the public and private sectors, including but not limited to retail companies and small businesses.
Employment opportunities are available in industries that require management, communication and professional behavior skills.
Job titles may include: Retail Team Leader, Retail Associate Store Manager, Customer Service Manager, and Store Assistant Manager or Manager.