School of Business & Information Technology (BIT)
This certificate applies customer relations principles to aid students in being successful Customer Service Representatives. Students learn essential writing skills, business professionalism skills and telephone techniques.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is a: Certificate of Completion
- This educational option can be completed: Part-time or full-time
- This educational option is designed for: Preparation for immediate employment
- This educational option can be started: Any term
- Primary course location: Main, Montoya, Westside and Rio Rancho Campuses, and online
- Students must have access to a computer and the Internet to complete coursework.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
The Customer Service certificate courses may be applied to an Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Administration.
Many of the courses in this program are transferable and some may be applied to four-year degree programs at other institutions. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.
Note: Students who plan to transfer to a four-year business program are encouraged to meet with the program chair or associate dean during their first term.
Career opportunities with a Customer Service Representative Certificate of Completion are available in both the public and private sectors, including but not limited to retail companies, high-tech companies and small businesses.
Employment opportunities are available in industries that require management, communication and professional behavior skills.
Job titles may include: Customer Service Representative, Client Relations Representative, Call Center Representative, and Online Support Specialist.