School of Math, Science & Engineering (MSE)
Students majoring in Nutrition examine the role of food and nutrition in overall health and disease prevention with an emphasis on the metabolic and physiological responses of the body to diet. Interested students can learn about career opportunities and pathways in Nutrition and related fields from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
This program is designed to meet the requirements for an Associate of Science in Nutrition from CNM and prepare a student to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of New Mexico. However, students from CNM seeking a baccalaureate degree may also transfer to other institutions. Students interested in transfer to UNM should consult the Department of Individual, Family, and Community Education - Nutrition/Dietetics Program. Students should always refer to the catalog of their intended transfer institution for admission, program, course, and graduation requirements. College catalogs are generally available online. Students should also consult a faculty advisor and/or an Academic Coach with CNM Connect Services.
See Recommended Sequence of Courses
Educational Option Information
- This educational option is an: Associate of Science Degree Program.
- This educational option can be completed: Part-Time or Full-Time
- This educational option is designed for: Immediate employment and transfer into a baccalaureate program.
- This educational option can be started: Any Term
- Scheduling Information: Follow course catalog recommendations to avoid scheduling problems.
- Primary course location: Main Campus
Students are expected to purchase textbooks, lab manuals and lab safety equipment.
Information for people with felony convictions
- A felony conviction will not prevent entry into the program or employment; however, it may limit available employment opportunities.
Approximate Costs of this Educational Option
Financial Aid Considerations
Career and Educational Opportunities
Many of the courses in this program are transferable and some may be applied to four-year degree programs at other institutions. CNM currently has transfer agreements with many colleges and universities in New Mexico and elsewhere.